Have you ever dance in front of turned off TV using it as a mirror?
I think my own therapeutic journey had started there – as a child I spent hours jumping around, pretending to be someone else, dreaming and, as I understand now, dancing my worries away. Yes, it happened there was no big enough mirror in my home so a TV screen worked well enough. At the time it seemed very natural thing to do because dancing made me feel better whatever was happening to me. Now I am grown-up, I am an Expressive Arts and Dance/Movement Therapist and I am helping people to feel better about themselves, grow resilience and be more in peace with the world around.
Some of us as children (and as adults sometimes) did not have enough vocabulary or ability to express verbally what is going on inside. The whole inner world remains unspoken and it may create sufficient tension, problematic behavior and sometimes psycho-somatic illnesses. When people are experiencing intense, complex, or confusing emotions, the use of art in a therapeutic setting can help them learn about, manage, and communicate their feelings in ways that language cannot always accomplish.
In my work with clients I use humanistic person-centered and somatic based approach. In therapeutic relationships, my role is to provide a safe caring environment and help my clients, both children and adults, to explore their feelings, to raise self-awareness and to discover new coping strategies.
Play is an essential tool for changing perspective and for transformation. In therapy sessions, we use any art tools that seem helpful for a certain person at a certain day. It could be drawing, collage, musical instruments or voice, movement or clay modelling – whatever inspires you in your journey to your true self. No artistic experience is required.
My private practice is in Richmond Hill, I provide individual and group psychotherapy for children and adults.
- Improve Your Posture & Spine Function with Gyrotonic ® Pulley Tower19 Mar
- Damaging Beliefs11 Mar
- How STRESS Can Affect You and What to Do About It05 Mar
- Heavy Metal Detox with Earth Electromagnetic Fields (EEMF)28 Feb
- How to Pick Your Perfect Essential Oil: Nature & Science17 Feb
- Arts for Wellbeing15 Feb
- Gentle Touch & Amazing Results. CranioSacral Therapy.15 Feb
- Success Tips Based on the Hellinger's Family Constellations Work14 Feb
- Communicating With Angels and Guides14 Feb
- Improve Your Posture & Spine Function with Gyrotonic ® Pulley Tower